Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:21:34 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <chemtechweb@psn.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation of TCL and TK

System FreeBSD 3.1 stable, most recent ports.  Tried installing both
TCL/TK 8.0 and 8.1.  Each time, TCL installs without a hitch.  TK is
another story.  Whether I do a simple make in the proper TK dir (it
goes and gets/installs TCL on it's own) or first install TCL, then try
and install TK, it always comes up with a similar error in the make of
TK:

Error: shared library "tcl80\.1\.2" does not exist
(it's tcl81\.1\.0 in the case of TK 8.1).

Are there any other steps not performed by the make install of TCL
which are required before TK will make?

I'm doing this so I can properly install XFree86 from code from the
ports.

Thanks,

Manu