Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 2020 22:38:20 +0200
From:      Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
To:        Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium (& derivatives) and Python 2.7

## Adriaan de Groot (adridg@freebsd.org):

> The Chromium build system -- and as a consequence, also QtWebEngine -- still
> uses Python 2.7. This is going to be a real problem about six months down the
> line, and I have no idea how upstream is going to deal with it. I've heard
> there are patches buried deep within the chocolate factory, but not from
> reliable sources.

They have https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=942720
but some of the blockers on that aren't really public.
Given the number of commits and blockers on that, I'd guess this is
not a quick weekend project...

That's all I got (sorry if you already, *ahem* googled that),
Christoph

--
Spare Space