Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2016 18:59:26 -0300
From:      "Nilton Jose Rizzo" <rizzo@i805.com.br>
To:        Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clang support for compiler:openmp

Em Mon, 7 Nov 2016 22:12:59 +0100, Matthieu Volat escreveu
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:59:36 +0000
> Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is there a specific reason, why we do not (yet) have openmp support for
> > > clang via compiler:openmp? With devel/openmp in the ports tree, I'd
> > > expect compiler:openmp to set
> > >
> > > LIB_DEPENDS+=   libomp.so:devel/openmp
> > >
> > > for compiler=clang. CFLAGS and LIBS/LDFLAGS might be tweaked on a
> > > per-port level.
> >
> > I talked with Baptiste about this in Belgrade.  I think the best way
> > forward would be to remove the OPENMP option from the llvm ports and
> > alter the clang-patch-fopenmp.diff patch to use the .so from
> > devel/openmp.
> >
> > I have a major deadline at the end of the week so it definitely won't
> > happen this week.
> >

> Would not that make that every clang use the llvm 3.8 libomp
> snapshot? It might be useful to use later versions in some cases,
>  but anyway, that would be great!
>
> It would also be awesome if base clang would be able to find omp.h
> and libomp more "out of the box" once the package is installed...
>
> -- Mazhe

  I have one question about a llvm and clang ports.  it's possible
port the llvm 3.9 and clang 4.0.0 with cuda support?

---
**Nilton José Rizzo            UFRRJ
**http://www.rizzo.eng.br      http://www.ufrrj.br
**http://lattes.cnpq.br/0079460703536198