Date:      Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:38:40 -0500
From:      Chris Inacio <nacho319@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   library porting question - optional python bindings

All,

I'm trying to build a port definition for a library/application that can
optionally include Python bindings.  The library/application generally
depends on other C libraries to exist (ZMQ v3, Protobufs-C) and if you
enable Python support, then you need a Python interpreter plus
Python-protobufs & python zmq.

Putting an OPTION of Python in the port file is easy.  Including the
optional Python dependencies (and presumably targets - but I'm not that far
yet) seems to be a lot more complicated.  I haven't found anything that
would tell me how I'm supposed to do that.  I have found that I'm supposed
to add pyXX prefixes to the python targets.

Does anyone know of a similar application/library that I can go look at?
Is there any documentation on how to solve this?

thanks,
Chris Inacio