Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:11:35 +0100
From:      Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nVidia chipset - ethernet support?

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 02:53:38AM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > Incidentally, my machine has two VGA ports. If anyone knows how to get both
> > of those working together with XFree86, that would be appreciated too!
>
> You need the proprietary nvidia driver (from ports/x11/nvidia-driver). See the
> docs in the working directory of the port for more info, if you need a sample
> dual-layout I can send you mine.

I've got that going too now, thanks; once using TwinView, and again using
two X screens (in the latter case, KDE displays a separate toolbar on the
bottom of each one, which is cool).

Actually what I really wanted was to bind a second keyboard and mouse (USB)
to the second screen, so I'd have two completely independent X sessions,
with separate xdm logins. But I don't think I'll be able to get that to work
without having a separate card and a separate X server process; X doesn't
seem to allow multiple 'ServerLayout' sections to be active concurrently.

But my machine does have one spare AGP slot as well as one PCI slot, so I
might go down that route.

Best wishes,

Brian.