Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:07:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI_FREEZE kernel option?

Hi,

I was just looking at the manpage for scsi (8) and was particularly
intrigued by the -z option which claims to be able to freeze the scsi bus
for an audible "beep" delimited (with the -v option) specified period of
time provided you have compiled your kernel with the "SCSI_FREEZE" option.
The manpage goes on to state that this kernel code is not committed yet
and indeed a grep of the kernel source for -current for the string
"SCSI_FREEZE" comes up empty-handed.  I presume that an appropriately
contrived sequence of scsi -z and scsi -p commands could be used to
perform hot-swapping of scsi devices -- something I would dearly love to
be able to do.  Does this actually work yet and how should I specify any
required kernel options?

Thanks for your help,

Tom