Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:08:58 -0700
From:      Ken Marx <kmarx@vicor-nb.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        kmarx@vicor-nb.com
Subject:   palm: pose Abort trap

Has anyone successfully run pose for palm on Release4.2?
I'm just beginning at trying to understand the world
of palm.

I downloaded roms and skins and can't get anything but
Abort trap, when trying to set the configuration from
the pulldown menu.

(Actually, if I run as root, and specify the rom at
the command line, I can get it to load a skin. But
I still get no response to kb/mouse activity, and
changing config results in the same abort.)

So, all it seems to emulate with any success is core dumps.

This is pose version 3.0a6.

I tried downloading/building 3.3 from the palm site
(http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/tools/emulator/):
After an hour of fixing config and X11R6/include/Fl
include files, gave up when the build hit this:

---------------
./../SrcShared/MetaMemory.cpp: In function `static enum
Errors::EAccessType MetaMemory::AllowForBugs(long unsigned int, long
int, int, Errors::EAccessType)':
./../SrcShared/MetaMemory.cpp:428: Internal compiler error.
./../SrcShared/MetaMemory.cpp:428: Please submit a full bug report.
./../SrcShared/MetaMemory.cpp:428: See
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
-----------

(You know, I'm still waiting for a response on the 'full bug report' I
'submit'ed them 3 years ago.)

Anyway the above error happens where it's trying to figure out something
do with "::InPrvFindMemoryLeaks ()", which truly is mentioned nowhere
else
in that pose source.

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated (including what other mail lists
I could address this to. I couldn't figure that out either.)

k.
--
Ken Marx, kmarx@vicor-nb.com
This group must improve our denominator as well as our numerator - with