Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:29:48 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD Current <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bios complaints and Disk Slices

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 07:56:02PM +0600, Maxim M. Kazachek wrote:
> Tekram DC 390 works under sym(4)... Except 390T which is powered by AMD...
>
> Cliff Sarginson:
> Perhaps you need try to play with disk geometry in fdisk... Try to see
> what geometry is 1st disk and try set something same on 2nd.

Actually, FreeBSD reports the correct geometry in the startup messages,
but fdisk gives the insane geometry the SCSI BIOS complains about.
So with due precaution I set the geometry in fdisk to what it should be
and it is, or appears to all be fine.

I think the >1GB option in the controller is not actually relevant, it
has to do with the old 1GB-->8GB limitations I think.

Mmm.
Well it *looks* like it should now.

--
Regards