Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:40:22 -0800
From:      James Satterfield <james@uberduper.com>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCHED_ULE ok again.  feedback please?

My first impression of SCHED_ULE is "slow." I only say this because the first thing I fire up after starting X is Eterm with a transparant+shaded theme. Even with the old scheduler this Eterm wasn't too snappy, but with SCHED_ULE it hangs X for about 1-2 seconds. I'm currently running a kernel compile and everything still isn't as fluid as before and the mouse is quite jumpy. Still, seems better then what I experienced a week ago.

I'll be happy to keep compiling when you check in updates. I buildworld/kernel almost every day.

James.