Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: win32-codecs-3.1.0.r1,1 marked FORBIDDEN

----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Lars Eighner luvbeastie@larseighner.com=
=0A=0A=0A> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, White Hat wrote:=0A=0A>> I have noticed tha=
t port "/multimedia/win32-codecs " has been  marked=0A>> 'FORBIDDEN' for qu=
ite sometime now. This is the win32-codecs-3.1.0.r1,1=0A>> port. I would re=
ally like to get this port installed. Is there any way to=0A>> circumvent t=
his 'FORBIDDEN' problem? Perhaps someone knows when this port=0A>> will be =
made available again?=0A=0A> If you don't know enough to comment out the FO=
RBIDDEN line in the Makefile,=0A> perhaps you shouldn't have this port.=0A=
=0AWell, that is an option. From what I have discovered, the problem is wit=
h the QuickTime codec. It has been a problem for an extended period of time=
. Perhaps the maintainer should just remove that option form the port, or i=
ssue a warning that, that codec cannot be installed without specifically mo=
difying the 'makefile' or perhaps using a specific directive on the command=
 line.=0A=0AThen again, why make things simple.=0A=0ABTW, I am subscribed t=
o the list. There is no need to Cc: me. I don't need, nor did I request it.=
=0A-- =0AWhite Hat=0Apigskin_referee@yahoo.com=0A=0AClark's Law: Sufficient=
ly advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice.=0A=0A=0A=0A =0A_=
________=0ANeed Mail bonding?=0AGo to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips fr=
om Yahoo! Answers users.=0Ahttp://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=3Dlist&sid=3D=
396546091