Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:20:39 +0100
From:      Manuel Arriaga <m.arriaga@ip.pt>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VESA framebuffer

Hi, Frank and Jeroen.

Thank you for the tip, but as Frank said, it looks outright ugly! The
so-called
"screen expansion" is really lousy (under DOS, Linux , FreeBSD,
whatever)!

Under Linux, my Thinkpad runs the console in a special mode which gives
me
100x37, using the standard font size; this fills the entire screen and
is so
much more comfortable to use!!

I heartly recommend trying out a linux distribution with a 2.2.x kernel
using my Thinkpad this way is really pleasant! Editing text while being
capable
to read lots of text without needing to scroll down all the time ....
it's
great!

If anyone wants any directions on how to use the framebuffer device just
let me
know (I guess this if *really* OT... :-).

I guess I will stick with Slackware 7 for now ...

Thank you for all the tips!

Cheers,

Manuel

On an 760 (at least on my 760cd), the expanded thing is awfull! The font
is