Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:23:29 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        beno - <purabachata@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rebuild Problem

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 06:33:10AM -0700, beno - wrote:
> Hi;
> I upgraded my box  on the other side of the planet and things went pretty=
 well. I can ssh in and the Web sites serve. However, qmail is down and I t=
ried to nmap and both gave me the same errors from having deleted the old l=
ibraries (as someone suggested I do). Here are at least some of the librari=
es I need to rebuild:
>=20
> libpcap.so.3
> ld-elf.so.1
> libc.so.5
>=20
> How do I do this?

You can install the compat5x port for now, but beyond the short term
you should rebuild those ports so they are 6.x native binaries; after
updating to a new major release of FreeBSD you have to rebuild *all*
ports to avoid certain problems from a mixed 5.x/6.x system

Kris

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--