Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:11:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Willem Jan  Withagen <wjw@surf.IAE.nl>
To:        dex@wankers.net (Dexnation Holodream)
Cc:        wjw@IAEhv.nl, jkh@time.cdrom.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tree tagging put off by ~12 hours.

You ( Dexnation Holodream ) write:
=>  On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Willem Jan  Withagen wrote:

=>  > You might consider seperate casing for the drives with extra fans??
=>  > But then I'm still trying to get ride of my own SCSI trouble.
=>
=>  This works well...one thing that works really well is a sep. tower case
=>  with extra fans and drawing power off the supply in the sep. case.  I've
=>  custom built them before, when I ran a lab @ Sun, and they kicked ass :)

I have, (Or IAE actually has/had)  19" racks with alu wide slides with
1 small fan per slide, and 3 major fans in the rear.
But then I found out that my active terminators only made things worse.

Thus I'm getting new/other ones.

I know/knew/will know that a lot of SCSI trouble comes from:
	bad termination/ors
	homebrew cables
	cheap-o-tronic connectors

and only then:
	bad firmware
	bad disks

--WjW

--
Internet Access Eindhoven BV.,  voice: +31-40-2 393 393, data: +31-40-2 606 606
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands