Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:01:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "linimon@portsmon.org linimon@portsmon.org" <linimon@portsmon.org>
To:        Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mentoring framework?

> On 04/25/2021 1:58 PM Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org> wrote:
> I'd like to contribute, and something that occurs to me is the notion of
> formal mentoring.

Here are my observations: email is a pretty slow way of doing this kind of
thing.  Yes, us old-timers are quite used to it, but it kind of lacks a
"collaborative" feel.

A lot of time this kind of work gets done on various IRC channels.  They at
least (usually) give quicker feedback.

But koobs@ has been putting a lot of effort into getting Discord to be a first-
class interactivity space for FreeBSD.   So, let me suggest trying out one of
the channels there, as see if it's more like what you are looking for.

(disclaimer: I am not saying "this will solve all our problems".  I'm saying that
right now it has momentum and seems worth supporting.)

mcl