Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 1996 16:59:05 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        BRETT_GLASS@ccgate.infoworld.com
Cc:        mrm@mole.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org, terryl@ienet.com
Subject:   Re: IDE or SCSI if only one drive

BRETT_GLASS@ccgate.infoworld.com wrote:

> IDE is only cheap in dollars per megabyte; it'll cost you in slower
> performance and lost productivity.

So, the question becomes a cost/benefit tradeoff relative to my projected
usage (a home PC that doesn't really get any heavy pounding).  If the
dollar difference turns out to be $150, then I'd go IDE.  If (as is
apparently the case) the difference is less, then I might go SCSI unless
there's some compelling technical reasons to avoid the IDE drives.

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org