Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:26:36 -0600
From:      Rik Scarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Java <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Java Servlet question

On Wed, 03 Apr 2002, kmtong wrote:

> > I have a project that I'm working on and I'd like to see if someone
> > has done something similar on FreeBSD.
> >
> > I envision the project to be made up of several WebApps.  I'm using
> > Tomcat 4 as the application server.  I need the WebApps to share
> > some information (user information and such).  I don't want to use
> > the Session object even if it would work across WebApps (which I
> > know it won't).
>
> Would you consider sharing of cookies?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Do you mean putting all the
information into a cookie(s)?  The two drawbacks I can see to that
are, 1) I can see the information growing over time and 2) some of
the information I do not want to have outside a protected network.

> > Has anyone tried to do this already?
> >
> > Along these lines, has anyone gotten jBoss to work on FreeBSD?
>
> Yeah.  JBoss (Both 2.4.4 and 3.0.0beta, with Catalina) runs on FreeBSD.
> I've tried it with shuJIT enabled.  But I occasionally encountered several
> un-expected "IOException" while responding to browser requests, but it
> should not be fatal.    OpenJIT doesn't work with JBoss, I think for some
> dynamic class loading stuff.

Cool.  At least I know I can get this to work if/when I need to.

Thanks.

~Rik
--
Ranger Rik -- RikSca@mac.com

Brought to you by FreeBSD 4.5               Joshua 24:15