Date:      Fri, 04 May 2007 17:13:46 +0200
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   DL320 G5  + SATA-RAID

Hi,

I have a HP DL320 (G5, IIRC - Woodcrest Xeon) with two 80 GB SATA disks
that seem to hang on the built-in Intel SATA "F-RAID" (Fake-RAID)
Controller (ICH7, MatrixRAID).

My question is: how can I install on that RAID?
I enabled the Controller in the F9-BIOS, I created a RAID in the F8
RAID-BIOS and it shows up during boot.
But when I want to install FreeBSD, it only detects ad4 and ad6 - and
upon reboot, the controller doesn't see the RAID anymore, either - it
reports the two disks as JBOD.
I tried 6.2 and both the latest snapshots from
ftp.freebsd.org/snapshots/ for 6-STABLE and CURRENT (for i386).
The idea I got from reading the various posting etc. was that the OS
should see an "ar0" device and I should be able to see that - but I don't.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Best Regards,
Rainer