Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:41:50 -0500
From:      Claude Walston <claude.walston@dmsp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 Cant Find ATI Rage XL card in FreeBSD 4.6 ??

I have tried to install XFree86 for the past couple of weeks with no
luck. I can't find an ATI card in any of the lists of the new XFree86 in
FreeBSD 4.6.
The rest of the system comes up nicely, but I'm running in character
mode until I can get the system to recognize the ATI Rage XL graphics
card in the agp slot.

Any suggestions? ( except for burning the box?)

Oh, by the way,  this is a strange box, in that the disks are removable
trays. The BSD is about the 4th operating system I have installed in it.
All of the others have worked well and have recognized the card
immediately - including a  "linux" which has the same version of XFree86.

Thanks for any insight you may have to offer,

Claude Walston