Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 23:11:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: de underflow errors. huh?

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Mark Mayo wrote:

> I posted this questions 2 weeks ago on -questions, and 1 week ago
> on -stable (since it's happening on a -STABLE machine..) but I
> haven't got a response yet. So here it is for the -hackers crowd:

  Repeating what I heard:  this happens when your machine can't get data
to the card fast enough, so the card drains the buffer, but more data is
waiting.  This warning should be harmless, as the buffer size is adjusted
afterwards.  You might want to look into BIOS settings which may be
hampering PCI performance.

Tom