Date:      Tue, 07 May 1996 08:34:28 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        imb@scgt.oz.au
Cc:        randy@zyzzyva.com, winter@jurai.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MBUFs leaking?

Michael Butler writes:

> > I've had a similar problem.  However, I hadn't noticed any correlation
> > with NMBCLUSTERS.  Try rolling back your pmap.c to the -RELEASE version.
> > That "solved" the problem for me.
>
> Are you running with the associated new ld.so ? If not, try installing it
> instead of backing out pmap.c,

Ld.so is not associated with pmap.c.  There's no reason to try to keep
them in sync.

The recent update to the -stable version of ld.so simply brought
in a bunch of stuff that has been in -current for months and months.
The only halfway-new feature is the LD_PRELOAD support, and even
that has been in -current for a couple of weeks at least.

Also, somebody else suggested that the -current version of ld.so was
somehow more solid than the one in -stable.  That seems unlikely, since
the two are identical at this time.