Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 01:18:51 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        "Dag-Erling C. Smrgrav" <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shouting in a void?

On Sep 22,  2:21am, "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> > I'm tired of jumping through hoops.  I'm going pretty far out of my way
> > to be helpful to the FreeBSD project and to myself by spotting problems
> > in 3.0-alpha^H^H^H^H^Hbeta, and all I hear is that I'm not doing enough.
>
> Now now, calm down.  Perhaps the real problem is that you're not
> really cut out for running -current and we simply have a personnel
> mis-match problem here.  And do hang on, before you get your back-fur
> all standing on end, and let me just clarify what I meant by that,

[snip]

I'd just like to say that expecting -current users to follow CVS
logs is just unrealistic, which is what Dag-Erling was proposing,
and in that context Ben's reply is bang on, you can't expect that
level of dedication from your beta testers (or you won't have m?any).

Niall

--
Niall Smart, rotel@indigo.ie.
Amaze your friends and annoy your enemies: