Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 00:27:46 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Preliminary patches MFC

Warner Losh stated:

> http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pccard-mfc-20000511.gz
>
> These patches are very preliminary.  I've not put them on a -stable
> laptop yet.  I don't have a -stable laptop yet, so I'll be doing that
> on a donated laptop (thanks to Randy Bush for this donation, btw)
> before I can test this.  The kernel builds now.  Parts of the MFC are
> missing (there's no awi or xe drivers, there's no mfc for latest
> *_pccard.c in -current yet).
>
> There's also a MFC for the NEWCARD stuff, but I'm not going to talk
> about that right now...  Just don't use NEWCARD in -stable.
>
> So, anybody in -stable land wanna bleed?  Try these patches :-)

Hi-

I think that I am successfully running the patches on my
Sony VAIO 505TR.  Steps that I took (some obvious :)

1) I copied my /usr/src/sys /usr/src/sys.ok
2) cd /usr/src/sys
3) pactch < pccard-mfc-20000511
4) cd i386/conf
5) config -r MYKERNEL
6) cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL && make depend && make
7) cp kernel /kernel.imp   ;)
8) cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/pccard
9) make
10) cp /usr/sbin/pccardc /usr/sbin/pccardc_stable
11) cp /usr/sbin/pccardd /usr/sbin/pccardd_stable
12) make install (really I copied the binaries out of pccard{c,d} to
    /usr/sbin )
13) rebooted the machine with the card (Linksys EC2T) out of the slot

... seems to work.

Do you want any more info?