Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:08:38 -0600
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Kenneth Wayne Culver" <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Forrest Aldrich" <forrie@forrie.com>
Subject:   Re: ADSL with Verizon

Actually... their are 3 separate companies.

You have the actual phone company Verizon.  They own the ILEC.  The company
that provides the DSL service and T lines and above line is Verizon
Advanced Data Services.  They are separate companies due to FCC
regulations.  Then you have VerizonOnline the ISP.

----
Jason