Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:08:10 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   textproc/xalan-c with textproc/xerces-c3

For some important scientific software provided by NASA, ESA and JPL, I
need xerces-c3 library on my system. But there is always a conflict with
textproc/xalan-c, which requires textproc/xerces-c2. Xerces-c3 and
Xerces-c2 seem to install files at the same place, even the libraries
and shortcut-links to the libraries.

Is there a solution having either both textproc/xerces-c2 and xerces-c3
installed or textproc/xalan-c using xerces-c2 OR xerces-c3?

Oliver