Date:      12 May 2003 18:11:26 +0200
From:      Anselme <anselme@netcourrier.com>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MySQL & jdbc

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 16:17, Tom Samplonius wrote:
>   When running mysql on the console, it will connect via a named pipe.
> The JDBC driver does not support named pipes, and must open a TCP/IP
> socket to localhost.
>
>   A common problem is that the MySQL permission tables say "localhost",
> but 127.0.0.1 reverse resolves to "localhost.mydomain.com".
>

> Tom

Yes, I found some things like that in my research on the web and I guess
that's the point, but how can I deal with it ? Because even if in the
table 'user' I put :

mysql> select * from user where user="user_name" \G
           Host: localhost.mydomain.com
           User: user_name
       Password: 656b45b307f18ae4
    Select_priv: Y