Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 15:16:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        Ashort@concentric.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD License.

'Andrew Short'

> Anyone know where I can get a copy of the BSD license?  I am in a
> philosophical debate with a rabid linux junky.  (JK!  and a BIG one!)

There are many. The GNU stuff is under GPL or GPLL. The Berkeley
stuff is under the so-called Regents' licence. This appears at
the beginning of just about every file under /usr/src or /usr/include

'more /usr/include/stdlib.h'  will show it in all its glory.

The X material is under a similar license, but with a different
copyright holder.

However.... every package/port needs to be inspected separately.
(The same, of course, is true of Linux).

Dave
--
                <----. mailto/pgpfinger: djv@bedford.net