Date:      Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:49:18 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@vicor.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   port failure to build imake-6

making port imake-6 on my own version of FreeBSD 6.0

schizo# cd work/xc/config/makedepend/
schizo# make
rm -f makedepend
cc -o makedepend -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi
-pedantic -Wno-system-headers -Dasm=__asm        -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wundef      include.o main.o parse.o pr.o cppsetup.o ifparser.o
-L/usr/X11R6/lib   -lgnumalloc  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib
-Wl,-rpath-link,../../exports/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnumalloc
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/imake-6/work/xc/config/makedepend.
#

it compiled fine when I manually removed -lgnumalloc

This MAY because in this company internal release uname -a returns

schizo# uname -a
FreeBSD schizo.dev.vicor-nb.com VICOR FreeBSD VICOR #0: Sat Jul 23 09:41:45
UTC 2005     root@fbsd6.dev.vicor-nb.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

so the release name doesn't have the work FreeBSD in it.

either way I'm not sure why it decided to link with libgnumalloc.