Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 23:52:57 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc rc commit breaks PicoBSD

Hi,

Roger wrote:
>When I boot with a 3.5-stable 'Dial' floppy, I get this message
>
>  gzip: login.conf already exists: do you wish to overwrite (y or n)?
>  gzip: rc already exists: do you wish to overwrite (y or n)?
>
> ..snip..
> OR
> Can we simply rename 'rc' and 'login.conf' in /etc (or even delete
> them) before we overwrite them?

Well, it appears we can safely delete 'rc' and 'login.conf' just
prior to extracting the gziped /etc files.
I've tested this with 'bridge' and 'dial' and they both worked.

No more do you wish to overwrite (y or n)?  messages in 'dial'

So, I've committed the change to FreeBSD 3.5-stable's PicoBSD.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.