Date:      Fri, 16 May 2008 02:47:21 +0200
From:      Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net>
To:        noackjr@alumni.rice.edu
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org, "Douglas E. Warner" <silfreed@silfreed.net>
Subject:   Re: Using cvsweb as base path in virtualhost

Am Donnerstag, den 15.05.2008, 13:28 -0400 schrieb Jonathan Noack:

> >> You don't need the first ScriptAliasMatch line.  The second is
> >> effectively a superset of the first.  I use that exact syntax and it
> >> works correctly for me.  Try commenting out the first line and see what
> >> happens.
> >
> > Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately in my current setup the main page
> > didn't work without the first line.
> >
> > I was able to simplify the apache configuration by trying this:
> >
> > ScriptAlias / /path/to/cvsweb.cgi/
> >
> > But unfortunately I still get the strange redirection.
> >
> > I forgot to mention previously that I'm using cvsweb 3.0.6.
>
> Doug,
> I found the issue with using CVSweb as the base path.  There is some old
> code in to work around "thttpd stupidity".  This is tripping the redirect
> code and causing the strange behavior.  Please try the attached patch to
> cvsweb.cgi.  It should work with your current ScriptAlias line; if not,
> try this one:
> ScriptAliasMatch ^(.*) /path/to/cvsweb.cgi$1
>
> I'll need to test with recent thttpd versions before rolling this into a
> new release.

Hi Jonathan,

Because wer (Debian) have another patch, that affects this code, you
maybe want to take a look at it and decide, if you want to include it?

http://vcs.wgdd.de/websvn/wsvn/packages/cvsweb/trunk/debian/patches/02_allow_cgiless_execution.dpatch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
http://bugs.debian.org/247452

This is probably, what the user wants (if I take a look at the bug
report).

Regards, Daniel