Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 20:01:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        andy@anigma.win.net
Subject:   Re: tools-third party sys device drivers

As J Wunsch wrote:

> controller      fdc1    at isa? port "0x370" bio irq XX drq XX vector fdintr
> disk            fd2     at fdc1 drive 0
> disk            fd3     at fdc1 drive 1
>
> in your config file.

Actually, there's slight a bit more of work.  It came to mind later
(and Bruce also reminded me of it) that the current floppy disk code
relies heavily on the CMOS drive type, which is alas only defined for
the floppy disk drives 0 and 1.

If you're realling taking care for adding more floppy drives, i'm glad
to improve the driver so it will be able to handle it.  Apparently
nobody required this by now, and it's always hard to write code nobody
is going to use.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/