Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 13:15:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, sysop@mixcom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VFAT 32 support in msdosfs

> By the time you add Unicode and security to Win95 you would have WinNT.

Windows 95 already has Unicode.  VFAT long names are stored as Unicode
strings, and all of COM and 32 bit OLE pass around Unicode parameter
strings with their marshallers.

The security is problematic, but you *can* implement at least UNIX
equivalent security on a Windows 95 system with login profiles, *if*
you make a fake net provider and reverse engineer the password provider
interface's manifest constants.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---