Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:55:48 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC not powering up

Tom: Don't know if this is related, but I had to rturn one of those Antec
black beauties because of switching problems.... now have exchnged it for a
new Antec SOHO File Server case w/400w...

I have found that it also has some problems that requires swithing off the
back power switch before turning on the front switch. Apparently that does
some sort of reset.... weird, but some was MB speed setting too. Now seems
okay.

Doubt if that is much help, but can atest to switching problems with the
Antec.

At 08:38 PM 1.22.2002 -0500, Tom Parquette wrote:
>I have a PC I built with an Antec case and 350W power supply.  The
>motherboard is a Tyan Tiger MP with two Athlon MP 1800+ processors.
>
>For some reason, FreeBSD no longer recognizes the APM support.
>
>Additionally, the machine refuses to power up, when I press the power
>button, if it has been off for a while.  Example: powered down
>overnight.  The only way I have found to bring the machine back up is to
>unplug the 120V power cord to the machine.
>
>Has anybody seen anything like this behavior?
>Cheers...

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;
....situation excellent! ....I shall attack!"