Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:20:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jose Borquez <calartstech@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't compile kernel

 I made a standard install of FreeBSD 5.4  with Kern-Developer  Full binaries and doc, kernel source  only.  I attempted to compile a custom kernel running:
  make buildkernel KERNCONF=CUSTOM  Then I get the following error: make: don't know how to make buildkernel. Stop
  I run it from the /usr/src/ directory.  The /usr/src/ directory is  empty.  Does that mean the source files were not installed?
  Could someone please give me any clues as to what I am missing or have done incorrectly?

  Thank you
  Ed