Date:      Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:48:12 +0900
From:      YAMAMOTO Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-PCMCIA adaptor and interrupts

MELCO PC Card Adapter(PCI type) does not have an ISA interupt line.
So we can not use ISA interrupt mode, only use 'PCI interrupt mode'.
Please check 'IREQ/INT Enable' bit in Bridge Control Register.
It must be cleared if you want to use 'PCI interrupt mode'.
#Offset of Bridge Control Register is 0x3E, bit number of IREQ/INT
#Enable is bit 7.

When IREQ/INT Enable bit is not cleard, we need some setups to use PCI
interrupt mode.

1) clear IREQ/INT Enable bit.
2) setup a PCI Interrupt Router (it may be in PCI to ISA Bridge).
   for setting up a PCI Interrupt Router, we need to use PCIBIOS call,
   or read Microsoft $PIR structure in a BIOS and change a register in
   a PCI Interrupt Router.

Thanks,
-------
YAMAMOTO Shigeru			Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
<shigeru@iij.ad.jp>			Network Engineering Div.