Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:11:36 +0900
From:      Hiroo ONO <muneo@oikumene.gcd.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken laptop question

Hello,

From: Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:26:22 -0500 (EST)

> I have a Toshiba 4015CDS, running 3.4-stable.  It performed fine until
> this morning, when it wouldn't boot.  It wouldn't power on.  I pushed
> the "on" button, and nothing happened.  No fan, no hard drive noise,
> nothing, nada, nichevo.

> Does anyone have any suggestions for things to try before I ship this
> back to Toshiba?

I had encountered same thing with Toshiba Libretto 60, running
2.2.7-RELEASE w/PAO. To make it boot, I did:
 * remove the battery (AC line also).
 * remove the hard disk from the PC.
 * then put the battery and hard disk back again.

I don't know why it made my PC boot, nor will it work with your PC.
And I have not encounterd this problem for months, but I also have no
idea why it no more happens.
----
Hiroo Ono <hiroo@oikumene.gcd.org>