Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:33:39 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        ming fu <fming@borderware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reproductible hang with if_em

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:27:43AM -0400, ming fu wrote:
> I have experienced the same thing with 4.7 as well. The driver just
> refuse to send anymore and won't self recover. However, tcpdump on the
> interface will still see traffic on the network, so receive seem
> working. Upgrade the driver to the most up-to-date code from 4.10 tree
> or from Intel does not help.

Your problem seems to be similar to mine (I also see received packets
on the interface), however I haven't been able to reproduce it on
any of several 4.9 and 4.10 machines I tested it on (on the other
hand my test program works every time on 5.3). It may be a subtle
timing issue. I got a private reply from Tony Ackerman, he is looking
into this.
--
Pierre Beyssac						pb@enst.fr