Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:45:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tom Daly <tom@dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewall Performance Question.

Hello,
I am currently running a Dell Poweredge 350 with FreeBSD 4.7 as a network
firewall for one of our sites. This site sees about 3 megabits of traffic.
The average firewall ruleset runs around 600-800 rules, running on IPFW.
The PE350 uses dual fxp chips on the machine's single PCI bus.

Could this be a direct cause of why my system's interrupt usage is over
50% at many times, as well as sending ICMP source quenchs from time to
time?

Can anyone suggest a performance tweak to help this box along?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Daly