Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:29:08 -0800
From:      Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Apache will not start on new setup

Hi,

Apache will not start. New BSD 4.7 installation.

la# apachectl configtest
Syntax OK
la# apachectl start
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
la#

 httpd.config only has one virtual host, the directory and index.html file
exist for the host, there are no log file entries in the <virtual> container
and .... I've run out of ideas... (actually, I have managed to get httpd to
start with a very, very minimum 10 line httpd.conf so I know httpd is
working)

Apart from configtest are there any other ways to investigate this problem?
I am probably missing something obvious but hopefully someone has a
suggestion.

TIA

Steve