Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 12:56:51 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        Scheidell@secnap.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 12:39:39PM -0400, Scheidell@secnap.com wrote:

> "Bob Willcox" <bob@immure.com> wrote in message news:<20030502215651.GE27495@luke.immure.com>...
> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:08:55PM -0700, Tenebrae wrote:
> > > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Andy Harrison wrote:
> > using blacklists is a bad idea. The only blacklist that will stop all
> > spam is one that covers all addresses!
>
> now you know the reason I created 'blocked.secnap.net'.
>
> It is a warning to anyone using blacklists:
> know the blacklist policy before you use it.
> The same blacklists you can use for personal use CANNOT BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.

Unfortunately, spamguard and osirusoft both appear to pickup the
spews.org blacklist, which claims to be only for their (the creators of
of it) personal use with caveats about anyone else using it. Therefore,
by your statement above (which I agree with 100%) neither spamguard or
osirusoft should be used commerically (but, of course, are).

> (we have blocked a lot of resumes sent in from free mail services..)

Yep, as I have stated before, SPAM is a significant nuisance and a
complete waste of bandwidth; but for me, blocking my email arbitrarily
(which is what I feel spews has done) is a DoS, and bothers me much
more!

Bob

--
Bob Willcox          Patience is a minor form of despair, disguised as virtue.
bob@immure.com                    -- Ambrose Bierce, on qualifiers