Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 9:51:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      APRIM@mv3900.svl.photronics.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Aprim@mv3900.svl.photronics.com
Subject:   Good news on Installation Error

Hi everyone,
Thanks to those who responded to my E-mail regarding FreeBSD
installation Errors. The good new is that I could finally install the
UNIX on my system.  How?
Well, I asked the UNIX instructor to help me.  I took my PC to college
and we tried to install FreeBSD from DOS Partition.  Guess what?!
Still couldn't install, same Error messages Occurred. Instructor Who
is an Expert tried all kinds of things from FDISK to etc...

We gave up on installing from DOS Partition and tried from floppies
which worked ok.  Since I have Windows 95 installed, probably had
something to do with it "per instructor" (never tried FreeBSD
installation With W.95 installed).

Any way, we installed UNIX from Floppies (/BIN), but couldn't install
MANPAGES due to bad floppies or missing continues programs.
€As you know MANPAGES are important for UNIX users, I was wondering€
€if I can some how un-compress the files under MANPAGES Directory€
€that I have copied under FreeBSD Directory and add them to UNIX €
€Partition.€