Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2008 04:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pjd <peter_dunning@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packages

olivier@gautherot.net wrote:

> Peter, I've been compiling OpenOffice a number of times on a VIA EPIA with
> a 1GHz C3 and 512MB of RAM - it just takes about 36h for the bare package
> (I mean once you've installed Bison, Java and the other
> tools/environments).
> I remember compiling an older version on a Athlon 1800+ with 512MB in less
> than 8 hours - it can do it while you're asleep. I know the machine must
> be
> full-steam ahead in this process and you shouldn't do much in parallel on
> the
> machine but it does work with limited resources.
>
> Now, I agree that "pkg_add -r openoffice.org-2" is a more convenient way
> of
> doing it...  ;-)

I've just discovered that
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/packages/All/ has a package
openoffice.org-2.3.1_1.tbz, however what version of FreeBSD is this for (I'm
on 1386 7.0-RELEASE? am I going to have to recompile for version 2.4?
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7.0-release/All still
has no openoffice. If the one in ports/packages/All is correct then why
can't portupgrade -NPP and pkg_add -r not find it?