Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:30:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cron on laptops

You might want to run ntpdate or fetchmail, for example, every
hour or two.  I suppose if you did a little shell scripting you
could ask cron to rebuild the locate database (or run periodic
weekly, etc.) if the date on the locate database file was older
than the current date by some amount.  It's probably easier to
just run these by hand when you want to, though.

	Annelise