Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:10:13 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   anybody know howto do eazy abbrevs?

around thanksgiving in 1996 I began using//STUDYING the Xlib set
that is behing every other toolkit in the NIX world.  I eventually
moved to the Athena toolkit.  IIRC, there is a faily simple Xlib
editor.  it would save [or speed up] typing to use abbrevs.  without
too much effort, do any of you hackers see how it would work to
turn:

"hw r u gys dng?"

into:

"how are you guys doing?