Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2008 00:07:48 +0000
From:      ZeuZ Diavolo Deimos <zeuz_netraptor@hotmail.com>
To:        Rui Paulo <rpaulo@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: HP Pavilion dv2000 ACPI Problems

Hi=2C well=2C I just updated following the basics (fetched the updates=2C e=
xtracted them=2C updated them=2C then ran portupgrade -a) and the rest of i=
t=2C well=2C it's like the snapshot bringed it.
Also=2C when I hit the power button to go to hibernation=2C it drops an err=
or where acpi0 cannot accomplish an action (this varies from suspend to hib=
ernate)
If the output is valious then I'll get it here.
Thanks in advice.
Can someone confirm if the idle_cpu patch is allready applied as for that s=
napshot? or how can I check if it is?
Also=2C lately=2C seems like the video_acpi module is causing troubles whil=
e using some Desktop Compositing software as compiz (screen flickers when t=
he module is loaded)

Debian Style
-.ZeuZ.-

> Date: Sun=2C 17 Aug 2008 21:24:00 +0100
> From: rpaulo@FreeBSD.org
> To: zeuz_netraptor@hotmail.com
> CC: freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: HP Pavilion dv2000 ACPI Problems
>=20
> On Sat=2C Aug 16=2C 2008 at 12:48:08PM +0000=2C ZeuZ Diavolo Deimos wrote=
:
> > Well=2C recently I moved in full time to fBSD.
> > I had problems installing the stable and current versions until one of =
the latest snapshots.
> > Now My system boots up=2C and works "partially fine"
> > it tends to over-heat even when powerd is set to minimum energy cost.
> > I=B4ve loaded all the ACPI modules (even the one for ASUS=2C even now I=
=B4ve got it blacklisted because it caused system instability)
> > The resume-suspend events do not work either.
>=20
> Did you upgrade your system properly ?
> Regardless of suspend/resume support in your system=2C the events should =
take
> place.
> See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.h=
tml
> for more information.
>=20
> > There=B4s also another weird thing=2C my processor wasnt able to set th=
e frecuency lower than 800mhz (Turion 64x2 TL-52) and the Gnome applet repo=
rts most of the time lower spuns(like 100mhz-500mhz).
>=20
> That's probably because p4tcc is enabled. Try adding:
> hint.p4tcc.0.disabled=3D1
> to /boot/loader.conf.
>=20
> > Also=2C the disk tends to do some weird noises only while in fBSD.
> > Performance is bad overall too.
>=20
> Wild guess here=2C but try booting with:
> hint.p4tcc.0.disabled=3D1
> hint.acpi_perf.0.disabled=3D1
>=20
> Regards=2C
> --=20
> Rui Paulo

=BFAburrido? Ingres=E1 ya y divertite como nunca en MSN Juegos.
http://juegos.ar.msn.com/=