Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:23:17 -0500
From:      "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LAGG and Jumbo Frames

May not be specific to 11.0-RC3, but since that's what I was running
when trying to set this up I am posting to stable mailing list first.

I was trying to setup an LACP 3 port aggregate connection and having all
kinds of problems, At first I thought it was an issue with NAT
reflection and my firewall because I could ping the IPs and ssh to the
system but I couldn't connect to the services. oddly enough I could
connect from devices outside of my network and once I realized that I
could also connect from wireless devices I realized the common thread
was that the Internet pipe and Access points didn't support Jumbo
Frames. disabling Jumbo frames on the interfaces restored connectivity
to the LACP aggregate connection. I guess this could be an issue with
the switch as well I don't have any other LACP enabled devices to test
this with.

my configuration:

rc.conf settings (working):
hostname="freebsd.dweimer.local"
ifconfig_igb0="up"
ifconfig_igb1="up"
ifconfig_igb2="up"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport igb0 laggport igb1 laggport igb2
10.9.5.5/24"

rc.conf settings (Jumbo frames Broken):
hostname="freebsd.dweimer.local"
ifconfig_igb0="up mtu 9000"
ifconfig_igb1="up mtu 9000"
ifconfig_igb2="up mtu 9000"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport igb0 laggport igb1 laggport igb2
10.9.5.5/24"

Does anyone see an issue with the Jumbo Frames setup above, or are Jumbo
Frames not supported correctly in a LACP Aggregate configuration.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer