Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:00:56 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The net fights back

At 09:47 PM 9/19/2003, Jamie Bowden wrote:

>This would break other TLDs that have validly been using wildcards since
>inception.

I guess you haven't seen ISC's implementation. It can be set to block
(or not block) wildcards from any zone, right up to the TLD.

>  There is no violation of RFC on Verisign's part, merely public
>trust.

Actually, the IAB has already pointed out several ways in which
Verisign is violating RFCs with its new "service." (I think they're
using the word in the same sense in which one says that a bull
"services" a cow.) See

http://www.iab.org/Documents/icann-vgrs-response.html

--Brett Glass