Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:24:57 +0100
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu, simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: _start or __start?

Ahh, that explains why I couldn't use it to do postmortem analysis then!

I couldn't use it to do interactive debugging either since I couldn't get
the FreeBSD hacks to use the serial port for remote gdb and the console to
work.

My alpha work is temporarily sidelined since I'm a bit busy and the Multia
is proving a challenge to do development work on.

1) NFS crashes when you load it as a KLD, consistently reproducible. NFS is
essential since there's too little disk on the Multia to do any development
work.
2) No TGA support so you have to use the serial console which precludes
using remote GDB.
3) No GDB support for core dumps, so effectively there's no GDB support at
all for me.
4) Although I've put a Matrox millenium PCI card in, syscons doesn't see it.
vga0 detects it but syscons doesn't.

Hopefully in another week I'll have more time to look into some of these
problems again.

Paul.