Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:03:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Mark Hartley <mark@whetstonelogic.com>
Cc:        Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: problem installing apache13 port

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Mark Hartley wrote:

> > doesn't start.  There is an entry in the log file each time I try
> > to run it, saying that it can't find mime.types in
> > /usr/local/etc/apache/etc/apache/mime.types   Naturally, mime.types
> > doesn't exist in that directory - somehow it appears that
> > etc/apache is getting doubled up somewhere and I can't figure out
> > where.  When I run httpd -V  I see that the default root is
> > /usr/local and the conf files should be in etc/apache/whatever.conf
>
> If I recall correctly, there should be a mime.types.default or
> something like that in /usr/local/etc/apache.  If you rename it to
> mime.types, then apache should start.

	IIRC, that should only be with apache12 and below.  apache13 and
above uses just httpd.conf which combines mime.types and access.conf and
httpd.conf all in one file.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]