Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:12:12 +0100
From:      dom@happygiraffe.net (Dominic Mitchell)
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple DHCP interfaces

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:57:08PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <3EED1634.30404@cs.unisa.edu.au>
>             Benjamin Close <cisbjc@cs.unisa.edu.au> writes:
> : Is there any likely hood this will change in the future? Not beingable
> : to do dhcp on more than one interface seems insane.
> : For example a laptop with a hardwired ethernet card and a wireless card.
>
> I'd love to remove it.  I don't recall the reasons it was added.  It
> is completely insane when you have, say, a laptop with a wired network
> built in, which you want to run dhclient on, and you want to run a
> dhclient on a wireless interface you plug in...

Just as a data point, this has bitten me in the past as well.  The
annoying thing is that you don't even have to be using the builtin
network adaptor; just so long as it's running dhclient, you're screwed
when you put the wireless card in.  You have to manually sort it all
out by running dhclient against both the old and the new interfaces...

-Dom