Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:21:41 +0800
From:      Igor Podlesny <poige@morning.ru>
To:        Alexey Zakirov <frank@agava.com>
Cc:        Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[3]: SSHD in JAIL

a cite from MAN:
     Inside the prison, the concept of "superuser" is very diluted.  In gen-
     eral, it can be assumed that nothing can be mangled from inside a prison
     which does not exist entirely inside that prison.  For instance the
     directory tree below ``path'' can be manipulated all the ways a root can
     normally do it, including ``rm -rf /*'' but new device special nodes can-
     not be created because they reference shared resources (the device
     drivers in the kernel).

so  it's  becoming  too redundant to use nodev with jail(2), don't you
agree?

--
Igor                            mailto:poige@morning.ru
http://morning.ru/~poige